ANNOUNCING OPEN ENROLLMENT 2019
Annual Open Enrollment for Reta Trust and the Diocese of Tucson has begun!
The Open Enrollment period for the Diocese of Tucson eligible employees (working 30 hours or more per week) is from April 29, 2019 to May 17, 2019.
This is the annual opportunity for eligible employees to add benefits, make changes to benefit elections, coverage level or waive coverage. It is mandatory under federal law to waive coverage on an annual basis. The elections made during the Annual Open Enrollment will be effective July 1, 2019. Employees will NOT be permitted to make any changes to their benefit elections until the next Annual Open Enrollment, unless they experience a Qualified Life Event Change as defined by the IRS Section 125 Guidelines.
This year it is required that we hold a positive open enrollment period. This means that ALL eligible employees (working 30 hours or more per week) are required to complete the enrollment process regardless of whether or not they are making changes to their existing coverage or if they want to waive medical coverage. If they do not complete the process by the close of Open Enrollment, May 17, 2019, their medical coverage will default as mandated by federal law to “Employee Only” coverage for 2019-2020 plan year and all other benefits will default to waive.
KEY POINTS FOR OPEN ENROLLMENT 2019
Premium Plan (90/10)
· The Diocese of Tucson will continue to offer only one (1) medical plan during open enrollment. We will be offering the 90/10, UHC Choice Plus EPO Plan. If the employee took a proactive approach to personal wellness and participated in the Biometric Screening/Wellness during the Wellness Initiative, the employee will receive a $50 per month automatic credit to be applied each month resulting in $25.00 premium for employee only coverage.
- Employees who chose not to participate in the Biometric Screening/Wellness during the Wellness Initiative, effective 07/01/2019 employees will have a premium of $75.00 per month for employee only medical coverage.
GIThrive® Digestive Health Program
Reta Trust is proud to announce GIThrive from Vivante Health, the digestive health experts, providing a whole new approach to wellness. Centered around digestive health, this program equips members to feel their best—gut first. This benefit will be available to any member enrolled in a Reta medical plan and their enrolled dependents, age 14+, beginning July 1, 2019.
With the GIThrive benefit, members receive personal food plans, tailored to their body, and have 24/7 access to a team of digestive health experts. GIThrive is powered by a mobile app and web portal that have built-in intelligence to learn about the member, their GI health* and trigger foods. Using this insight, the system, along with a team of gut health experts, will build a personalized plan around the member.
*GIThrive has condition management plans for Crohn's, colitis, celiac, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), or irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
2019 Premium Amounts will change
· Employee contributions for medical coverage has increased. Employee contributions for EDS Dental will remain the same. Delta Dental and Vision Service Plan (VSP) premiums have decreased. Attached is the 2019 Benefit Rate Sheet (DOT Benefit Rates 2019-2020).
Reta Benefits Center
Please be sure to visit the Reta Benefits Center before making any benefits decisions. The interactive resource will help employees better understand their choices and make the most of their options. They can log in to www.retatrust.org, click on Reta Benefit Center (under the Quick Links of home page). It’s a convenient one-stop destination for information about your benefits, enrollment, wellness and more.
RetaEnroll – Online Enrollment
During the Open Enrollment period, employees must go online to the RetaEnroll website (log in at www.retatrust.org) and complete the enrollment process regardless of whether or not employees are making changes to any existing coverage. All benefit elections must be made during this period, including waiving medical coverage. Medical coverage must be waived on an annual basis.
If employees do not complete the process by the close of Open Enrollment, May 17, 2019, your medical coverage will default as mandated by federal law to “Employee Only” coverage for 2019-2020. If employees are continuing an FSA election, they must re-enroll in FSA per IRS regulations.
Please view all the following information during the enrollment process:
· Personal Data (home address, birth date, etc.) – To update or make changes, report your change to your location administrator.
· Dependents (names, birth dates, student status, etc.) – Employees can update directly into the RetaEnroll system by logging in.
· Benefit Elections (medical, dental, life, disability, etc.) – Employees can update directly into the RetaEnroll system by logging in.
· Beneficiaries (life insurance beneficiaries) – Employees can update directly into the RetaEnroll system by logging in.
Any questions or concerns, please call 520-838-2517 or email email@example.com.